In these economic downtimes most industries have taken a bad hit and have had to downsize; some have reduced the paychecks of their employees. It is not as if the employers don’t care about their workforce, but they are helpless because of the situation. It is surprising to know that in such a scenario the healthcare industry has not only stood its ground but is expanding and is in need of trained professionals, especially certified nursing assistants or CNAs.
CNA is an allied health care profession; certified people give basic healthcare assistance to the patients under the surveillance of registered nurses (RN) or doctors. The ageing population of America is on a rise and people have become more health conscious.
Earlier RNs use to look after all the needs of patients, but they had an excessive workload and were unable to serve patients properly. Moreover, the pay scale of RN is very high and in times when the health care need of the country is on a high, the medical expenses needed to come down. That is the reason why the demand for nursing assistants is rising by the day. It is estimated that there will be growth in CNA jobs by 19 percent till 2018.
If you are thinking of starting a nursing career, nurse aide is an ideal profession to begin with. But before starting any profession it is important to have a detailed knowledge about the pros and cons of the field so that you can make the right choice and it ensures that you can excel in the career. The CNA blogs on various topics posted here will give you a perfect idea about the various aspects of the profession. For details you can visit the various sites relating to it.
The blogs are related to different factors pertaining to CNA career; below are some of the dynamics to help you understand better:
- CNA jobs: These blogs will give you brief information regarding the job responsibilities of a nursing assistant. It will give you an idea about the job opening, searching for employment, the responsibilities in varied healthcare segments and positions of nurse aides etc. It will also help you in making a resume before you apply for a job.
- CNA certification: The blogs on certification will tell you about the various certification requirements to become a nurse aide. It will inform you about the preparation for the exam and the exam codes. The certification of nurse aide is valid for a certain period; you can get information about the renewal of certification and verification of the same.
- CNA programs: To become a nurse aide, you need to enroll in a training program that is recognized by your state health department or nursing board. On these blogs you will find information about the various programs. The length of the programs, cost, types of programs, and career advancement options etc. You can get information about the programs in various states and cities as well.
- CNA insurance: Nursing assistant is a healthcare profession which can be susceptible to professional obligations and in case you fail to follow them by mistake you can be sued in the court of law. Thus it is essential to have professional insurance to be safe if something uncalled for happens. The blogs on professional insurance will give you an idea about the assurance programs and the benefits and coverage of nurse aide insurance.
- CNA FAQ: When you are starting out in a profession you have hundreds of question in your mind. There are certain frequently asked questions that people have in their mind regarding the CNA career. The blogs on FAQs will help you find answers to these questions.
- CNA practice tests: Nursing assistant is hands on job and to pass the certificate exam you have clear the theory as well as practical paper. You must practice hard before you appear for the exam. Blogs on the practice test will give you a hint about the efforts you need to take to pass the exam. The practice tests will prepare you for both the exam and you can refer to the questions on the pertaining website.
- CNA salary: Salary is one of the key aspects when you look for a career option and the posts on the salary of a nursing assistant will give you a clue about the earning potential. The salary varies from place to place, facility to facility and differs on specialization. The average salary of nurse aide and the pay scale information will help you take a decision about making a nursing career. Read the blog posts and if you need more information visit the website.