Nursing is indeed a rewarding job, providing service to other people that are in need. To become an excellent nurse, one has to have the right equipment’s and supplies for taking good care of their patient. What can be better than making sure you have everything needed from the start and not having to purchase additional stuff along the way?
Make sure you have these 20 must-have nursing equipment in your arsenal to make sure that you are well equipped for anything.
- Classic Unisex Fit V-Neck Top
- Two Patch Pockets Top
- One Chest pocket with Reinforced Pen Slot Top
- Three Side Cargo Pockets Pants
- Straight Leg Pants
Scrubs are the most versatile and important part of nursing uniform. There are many types of scrubs available on the market today that come in various styles, colors and sizes for nurses to choose from. You may want to take note that scrubs are usually made from cotton or polyester as these materials make it easier for them to be laundered without causing any damage. In addition, some brands create their clothes using materials such as spandex or microfiber so they stay away from the skin while still being durable according to Mayo Clinic.
Why Is Having Cute Scrubs Important?
- Nurse scrubs are considered to be the most important part of your nursing equipment list because you’ll be wearing it throughout your entire shift.
- Scrub clothes are also comfortable which means that you’re free to move around without worrying about any restrictions in movement.
- It’s also essential that the clothes you wear are sterile because it simply means that they’re germ-free which is an important consideration for people who are in constant contact with other patients.
What To Look For In A Scrub?
- Design and color – Choose what will make you feel confident about your appearance without distracting any of your patients.
- Comfortable fit – It should be able to help prevent skin irritations and also allow mobility throughout your shift.
- Size and shape – You should know how to measure yourself properly before deciding which scrub size is best suited for your body type. Also, choose scrubs based on your job duties so it will be easy for you to perform your tasks while wearing them.
Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year. If you’re looking to save money on your holiday gifts, keep an eye out for great deals on Black Friday Deals for Nurses & CNAs 2021
2. Medical Watch
- SUPER EASY-TO- READ: White Dial with 12 & 24 Hour...
- PERFECT FOR NURSES AND MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS:...
- DURABILITY & COMFORT: Easy to Clean, High Quality...
- MULTIPLE COLOR OPTIONS: Available in a Variety of...
- 100% SATISFACTION GAURANTEE: We are sure that you...
Having a watch by your side will help you monitor the time so you don’t miss any procedures. The best thing about having a watch for nurses is that it can be functional at the same time stylish enough to wear anywhere. This way, you’ll always be on track with your schedule especially if you need to change shifts efficiently.
Why You Need a Medical Watch?
- Watches are a time-saving tool
- They also help you stay on schedule, especially if you work in a fast-paced working environment.
- A medical watch with the additional features can be very helpful
- There are watches that can monitor BP, pulse rate, and oxygen level. This makes it easier to determine if the patient needs immediate attention or observation.
What To Look For In A Medical Watch
- Durability – If you want to have an excellent watch in this nursing equipment list , make sure your watches are durable enough—the band should not be easily torn or frayed while the face should not crack under stress or minimal impact.
- Waterproof – Ideally, choose a nursing watch with excellent water resistance qualities because it will always help you even if you accidentally encounter wet conditions during work.
- Functionality -Another factor to check on when choosing your nursing watches is its functionalities. It should not only keep time accurately but it should also be easy to use with one hand.
3. Nursing Shoes
- Leather and or fabric uppers
- Padded instep collar for comfort when walking
- Roomy reinforced toe box for protection with...
- PU outsole with rocker bottom to propel foot...
- Wide heel strike for greater stability
Being a nurse means that you have to be on your toes all day long. If you are a nurse, you need shoes that make you feel comfortable no matter what you are doing. As a nurse, you may also have to stay back late or work overtime. You can be buzzed at any time, so you need to be prepared at all times. The right kind of nursing shoes can really make a difference in how you carry yourself and how efficiently you work.
There are several types of shoes made especially for medical caregivers: short and long white, beige or black boots and closed-toe and open-toe options in various heights and materials. You may want to take note that some facilities require nurses to wear their uniforms with specific colors so you might need to choose the appropriate footwear for them so they won’t get into trouble. Also, make sure that it’s non-slip since there will be instances where you’ll have to move fast such as during emergencies.
Why Shoes Are Essential?
- Comfortable shoes will keep nurses energized despite long hours on their feet.
- Tons of walking is involved when working as a nurse so it’s important that you always feel comfortable in your footwear.
- It’s crucial to wear appropriate shoes because you might be working in places where injuries can happen such as slippery floors and uneven grounds.
What To Look For In A Shoe?
- It has non-slip outsole – When dealing with emergencies, slipping might cause serious problems such as falls and injuries. Plus, busy hospitals never stop moving so make sure your footwear can handle sudden movements.
- It’s easy to clean – You spend most of your shift on the floor where various types of germs could be lurking about. It’s important that you have a shoe that can be easily sanitized especially if other patients will be using it.
- It has good arch support – Your feet should feel comfortable at the end of your shift so choose a shoe that can give added support to your arches.
- Top 10 Best Nursing Shoes in 2021
- Most Comfortable Nursing Shoes
- Top 10 Best Clogs for Nurses
- Best Nursing Shoes for Men
- Top 7 Best Nursing Shoes for CNA
4. Compression Socks
- COPPER COMPRESSION SOCKS-Copper fibers is a high...
- GIVE LIFE TO YOUR LEGS! - More improve circulation...
- ALL THIS IN A VALUE 6-PACK- Each pack includes 6...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE+YOU CAN WEAR IT EVERYDAY- We...
- GIFT IDEA & SATISFACTION GUARANTEED- What's more...
Compression socks help reduce the risk of post-operative deep vein thrombosis (DVT). They are also helpful for people who have varicose veins or are at an increased risk of other blood clots. Combined with walking, compression socks help boost the blood flow to your lower leg and make it easier for your blood to return to your heart.
Why Compression Socks Are Essential?
- Swollen feet will make it difficult for nurses to work without any hassle.
- Prevents Swelling
- Prevent Varicose Veins and Blood Clots
What To Look For In A Compression Sock?
- If it has graduated compression – This type of technology helps promote better blood flow which means that you’ll feel less tired at the end of your shift. Also, this ensures that medical issues such as varicose veins won’t develop.
- It’s made from comfortable materials – It should be breathable and lightweight especially if you’ll be working in an extremely hot environment or dealing with lots of activity during your shift.
- It doesn’t have a seam – It’s important that you choose a compression sock which has seamless toes because it can help prevent blisters and other damage to your feet.
- Multiple storage and document compartments
- Charcoal Rainbow
A nurse’s work is not only outdoors and sometimes on the go, but also involves carrying important medical equipment as part of their profession. A bag or case is convenient for carrying syringes, test tubes, medicine bottles and more. A mobile phone can be carried around too to contact other people if there are emergency cases. But it is not only important for nurses to carry their equipment, but also the medicine and even food if they are required.
Why Is Having a Bag is Important?
- Nurses need to carry quite a number of things with them wherever they go which means they should have ample space for storing all these.
- A bag is very essential especially when there are lots of stuff that you’ll be bringing with yourself.
- With its multiple pockets, you can conveniently organize your items so it will be easy for you to find what you need.
What To Look For In A Bag?
- It should be comfortable – You’ll be wearing your contain for 12 hours or more so it should feel good on your shoulders. Make sure that the straps can give extra support especially if your bag is heavy.
- It’s made of strong materials – Bags that are made with durable and waterproof materials such as leather and nylon will be very helpful especially if you’re working in a hospital setting.
- It has lots of pockets – You need to have lots of space for organizing your belongings so make sure that the bag you choose has enough compartments for different items.
6. Water Bottle
Water bottles are a convenient way to gain access of fresh, clean water whenever you need it. They can come in two pieces so the top will separate from the bottle itself for easy refilling and washing. If you get a reusable one, you’ll save tons of money on bottled water every year!
Why A Water Bottle Is Essential?
- Nurses need to drink lots of water especially when they’re working long hours.
- It can help prevent dehydration as well as alleviate other medical conditions such as fatigue and feeling hot or cold.
What To Look For In A Water Bottle?
- It should be very durable – Nurses need to have a water bottle that can withstand different conditions. It should also be long-lasting and not prone to breaking easily especially if it’s made from glass or stainless steel.
- It has built-in filter – This is important because the tap water in most hospitals do not meet sterilization standards so you may want to have your own filter.
- It’s easy to carry – You should consider a water bottle that is light and still fits in the bag you’re going to bring with yourself during work. It should also be ergonomic because carrying a heavy or bulky water bottle can cause back problems later on.
7. Coffee Mugs
- Stainless steel vacuum insulation keeps beverages...
- Durable and sanitary 18/8 stainless steel interior
- Slicksteel finish. Made of BPA-free plastic
- Wide mouth accommodates full size ice cubes
- Compact design takes up minimal space while...
This is the best list of nursing equipment you will find for nurses.
Obviously, coffee mugs are an excellent choice to keep yourself warm and awake when working late shifts!
Nurses love coffee and coffee mugs. And we’re not just saying that because we want to talk about our most favorite thing in the entire world.
In fact, it is a proven fact that coffee makes nurses more efficient at their job. In one study conducted by Harvard researchers, test subjects were given two cups of coffee and asked to solve the most difficult puzzle they could think of. The results were astounding – those who were given caffeine solved the puzzles faster than those who weren’t!
If your loved ones work as CNA, Finding the ideal gift for them might be difficult. To make it easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of great gift ideas for CNAs that will please any CNA on your list.
This is because caffeine increases blood flow and oxygen delivery to the brain, enabling the person to think faster and more clearly. What makes this even more amazing is that it isn’t just limited to solving puzzles; it can also be applied in all other activities such as reading, driving, and of course – working!
Why A Coffee Mug Is Essential?
Nurses will have different schedules but one thing that most of them have in common is staying up for a long time especially when there are many patients who need their services. This would mean having no sleep at all which could cause fatigue when the shift ends. Having lots of coffee or caffeine can help increase your energy levels throughout the day .
What To Look For In A Coffee Mug?
- It has an insulating material – This is important because if your coffee or tea can stay hot for a long time, you won’t have to worry about reheating it again.
- It’s light and ergonomically shaped – Coffee mugs for nurses should be easy to carry around the hospital especially when you’re going from one patient to another. Make sure that it has a handle that fits perfectly in your palm so you’ll have no difficulties holding it.
- 2021 Nursing Clipboard - With 1” of internal...
- Nursing Clipboard - With 1” of internal storage...
- But Wait, There’s More 😉 - You'll receive a...
A clipboard can have many nursing uses. It’s very helpful when carrying around the paperwork that goes with your job. You can use it for extra writing space when you are in a patient’s room and need to write something down about them. Clipboards are also good because they’re lightweight, portable, and you only need one hand to carry one around.
Why Is Having Clipboards Important?
- Keeping yourself updated with the latest updates regarding nursing practices, medications, test results and other information is very important to ensure the safety of your patients.
- A clipboard is very useful because it can keep all your documents safe and organized so you can easily find what you need.
What To Look For In A Clipboard?
- It’s made of sturdy materials – You should choose a clipboard that is strong and can withstand different weather conditions. Make sure to get one made of plastic so it will be light but still durable.
- It has pockets, pen holders and other compartments – This is important because you’ll also need to place your writing utensils on it for easy access.
- It’s ergonomically shaped – You should choose one that is shaped according to the shape of the human hand so you wouldn’t have difficulties using it.
9. Pen light
- ★GREAT PENLIGHTS -- Very handy penlights always...
- ★EXQUISITE PENLIGHT SET -- The 2 pieces LED pen...
- ★PERFECT MEDICAL TOOLS -- The cute clip design...
- ★ESSENTIALS OF FAMILY -- Essential handy light...
- ★YOU'LL LOVE THE KIT -- We provide 100%...
I guess this is self explanatory. But I thought it would be best to include it so as to provide a complete list. Of course, nurses are given the authority to use this. You might even have one in your pocket or pen holder already so you don’t have to buy one yet another thing for the house.
Why A Pen Light Is Essential?
This equipment is a must because it allows you to examine a patient’s throat and other hard to see parts of the body. It also provides a good light source for endoscopic procedures that need a magnifying glass effect.
What To Look For In A Pen Light?
Nurses need to choose a pen light that is sturdy and made from high-quality materials. It also needs to be lightweight so you can hold it in your hand. The following are the things that you should consider when choosing one:
- It has bright LED lights – You need to get one with bright LED lights that emits a strong light. This way, you can see better in dark areas and you won’t have to strain your eyes.
- It has a pocket clip – A pen light with a pocket clip is great because you can easily slip it on or off your pocket so it will be within reach all the time.
- It’s ergonomically designed – You should choose one that is shaped according to the natural way the human hand grips objects.
- It has a zoom lens – This will allow you to adjust the size of the beam so you can see better depending on your preference and needs.
10. Journal Notebooks
- CREATED BY PROFESSIONALS: Our proRound Medical...
- POCKET SIZED: The proRound spiral medical rounding...
- PRE-FILLED TEMPLATE: Each page is designed with a...
- PLENTY OF ROOM: The proRound journal contains 75...
- COMMON ABBREVIATIONS: Quick-Notes section that...
You need to keep track of patient’s records and their medical history so you can provide better care for them even if you’re not the one who treated them. You can’t just rely on your memory if you want to excel in your job so it’s important that you prepare a journal notebook for yourself during nursing school.
Why Journal Notebooks Are Essential?
Keeping track of patient information is very important and you will only be able to do this if you have a journal notebook during your shift. You should also prepare these things if you want to be successful in school because the professors will require that you keep track of everything.
What To Look For In A Journal Notebook?
- It has durable pages – The paper must not be easily torn apart because you will be writing your notes on them. You want to have a book which can last for many years so you won’t have to worry about buying new ones too often.
- It has plenty of empty pages – The more empty sheets it has, the better because this will give you enough room to write down patient information during your shift. A lot of information can also be added in your journal notebook like patient’s prescriptions and medical records.
- It has a pocket folder – This is very important if you’re always on the go because it will allow you to quickly access your notes whenever you need them. It’s also much easier to bring with you when you leave the ward for another shift or during breaks.
11. First Aid Kit
- Emergency Care: A total of 299 essential first aid...
- Set Include: Adhesive fabric and plastic bandages,...
- Convenient Packaging: Fabric case with clear...
- Compact and Spacious: Two separate layers with...
- First Aid Care Ideal For: First aid care for home,...
If an emergency arises, a first aid kit is a must have. It will help nurses and other medical staff in case of emergency. It’s a must to have one on-hand for personal use and any emergency.
What Should A First Aid Kit Contain?
Firstly, you should make sure that it has quality bandages and other wound care supplies to ensure the nurse’s safety first. It should also contain pain relievers, first aid manuals, tweezers, thermometers and other instruments that are essential to emergency situations.
Why Carry A First Aid Kit To Work?
One of the things that can help improve your performance as a nurse is being prepared for any situation especially if you have everything you need with you so there will be no delays during treatment.
What To Look For In A First Aid Kit?
- It’s made of durable materials – You should choose a first aid kit that is made of high quality materials so it can withstand different kinds of situations. Choose one with lots of compartments where you can make separate sections for each item.
- It contains all the items you need – Check the list to ensure that your kit contains everything you will need in an emergency situation including painkillers, bandages and other wound care supplies.
12. Scissors and shears
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Durable, Fluoride-coated...
- TACTICAL DESIGN: Stealth black-handled, EMT...
- MEDICAL FIELD TESTED: Professionally designed for...
- SAFE & AUTOCLAVABLE: Blunt tip keeps your patient...
- GUARANTEED: We pride ourselves on the quality of...
The is a generic term for the device used to cut through fabrics, cloths and other materials. Scissor can be one pointed or double pointed. It uses force from your hand to cut through a material with a sharp blade. Shears on the other hand have blades that are pressed together so as to provide more strength in cutting. Shears are used to cut hard materials like leather.
Why Scissors & Shears Are Essential?
- Multipurpose – Scissors can handle various tasks in the workplace such as cutting bandages, removing clothing or opening packages.
- This makes scissors an exceptional tool since they’re an all-around accessory for nurses.
- They serve different functions depending on brand
- Scissors are very easy to use especially if you have bigger hands
What To Look For In Scissors & Shears?
- You can find a pair of scissors that’s comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver. This way, you’ll be able to perform your tasks swiftly and efficiently without any hassle.
- Other things to consider are the tip sharpness, handle design which determines how well it fits in your hands, and quality which will help determine if it’s going to last for a long time.
13. Hand Sanitizer
- Kills 99.99% of germs without water
- Effective at eliminating 99.99% of many common...
- With Vitamin E
This is important for nurses, but it also applies to patients and visitors. Everyone likes a hand sanitizer that has a pleasant smell and doesn’t dry out your hands, so why not get one for everyone?
Why Hand Sanitizers Are Essential? It’s important that you use it after every task or activity because this will make sure that you don’t transfer any germs from one patient to another. Medical staff who fail to comply with this could suffer from severe health complications in the long run. This would mean having to take off their gloves, wash their hands properly then wear new ones before treating another person again .
What To Look For In A Hand Sanitizer?
- It has an effective germ-killing formula – Check the ingredients if it has alcohol or not because this is what kills most germs present on the surface of your skin. Make sure that you choose a sanitizer with high levels of this item so it can quickly eliminate any harmful bacteria.
- It’s made from quality materials – This means having a non-toxic formula which will not cause side effects especially for those who have sensitive skin. Choose one with a smooth texture and pleasant scent so you’ll be able to use it comfortably throughout the day.
- Monitor and assess a wide range of patients
- Detect normal and abnormal sounds and rhythms
- Useful in non critical care environments such as a...
- 5 year warranty. Soft-sealing ear-tips provide...
- Fun and vibrant, match color and finish to your...
The stethoscope is an incredible invention for medical science. This is the most important equipment that a nurse must have. This can be used to listen to heart and lungs of a patient. This can be used to examine the blood pressure of a patient as well. This is also used as a research tool in many areas such as cardiology and respiratory therapy.
Why do you need a Stethoscope?
- Hearing sounds quickly can help nurses save time
- It will also help improve communication between healthcare providers.
- Stethoscopes are designed to amplify sounds while maintaining quality.
What To Look For In A Stethoscope?
- Headset design – This part of stethoscope is designed to fit your head. A non-invasive design will give you the most comfort when using the nursing equipment while an invasive headset might be uncomfortable for some people.
- Tube length -The tubing can either be long or short depending on what type of working environment you’re in. Longer tubes are ideal especially if you find yourself checking several patients in one seating.
- Type of diaphragm – The size and thickness of this part plays an important role in how well the sound is transmitted so choose one with excellent qualities for better assessment results.
- Top 8 Best Stethoscopes in 2021
- 5 Best Stethoscope for Nurses in 2021
- Top 5 Best Stethoscope for Doctors
- Top 8 Best Cardiology Stethoscopes 2021
- 6 Best Littmann Stethoscopes in 2021
- Best Electronic Stethoscopes
- Best Stethoscope for Blood Pressure
15. Blood Pressure Monitor
- The OMRON Silver Upper Arm Monitor provides...
- With Advanced Accuracy, an exclusive OMRON...
- Easy-Wrap ComFit a pre-formed cuff that inflates...
- Backed with a 3- year warranty, OMRON stands...
- Blood pressure varies constantly and the following...
- This product meets the Validated Device Listing...
Many people today are concerned with their health. This is why, whether at home or in a medical facility, the blood pressure monitor has become an integral part of one’s complete medical equipment. There are many kinds of blood pressure monitors available – manual and automatic – which vary greatly in prices.
An automatic blood pressure monitor is recommended to those who have problems with their blood pressure. There are many benefits to using a blood pressure monitor, such as being able to have your own readings at home and being able to do it anytime you please.
There are models that come complete with a stethoscope or an arm cuff, while others can be bought separately. When buying a blood pressure monitor the most important thing to consider is the ease of use and comfort. Make sure that it is not too complicated or intimidating to operate and that it is easy and convenient for you to use without causing any stress on your part.
You will also need to choose one according to your preferences, whether digital, automatic or manual. There are many brands available in the market today that you can choose from, but one brand that is reliable and produces high quality products is the Omron blood pressure monitor. Always remember to check if an electronic device has gone through safety tests first before actually using it. This will help you ensure your safety as well as the safety of other people around you.
Why Blood Pressure Monitor Is Essential?
- Accurate readings are crucial in saving lives.
- Monitoring blood pressure helps nurses detect various health conditions that patients might have.
- They provide accurate readings so nurses can take the right action when needed.
- The results are quick and easy to read which makes it user-friendly.
What To Look For In Blood Pressure Monitor?
- It has quick inflation technology – The speed of inflating cuff plays an important role especially if you find yourself assessing multiple patients within one seating. It’s faster to get accurate results when your machine can inflate quickly, also, it saves time too!
- It has an easy-to-read screen – The screen is the main part of this device so make sure it’s visible and large enough for you to see clearly even from a distance. Also, look for one that calculates average so you can compare the numbers from one reading to another.
- It has adjustable features – Look for a monitor that will allow you to adjust the settings so it perfectly fits your patient’s arm. This way, you’ll get accurate results.
16. Digital Thermometer
- Safe and Accurate Reading: This digital...
- Nice Storage Case: This Oral thermometer comes...
- LCD Screen Display: It is easy to read with clear...
- Wide Range of Use：Works for orally, rectally and...
- Indicator: When the measured value is lower than...
These types of medical equipment are used to measure body temperature for both children and adults alike. An infrared digital thermometer is ideal to use when taking patients’ temperatures because it’s quick, painless, and accurate at the same time. Always make sure that this device has an automatic shut off feature so it won’t waste battery power when not in use.
Why Do You Need A Thermometer?
Many medical emergencies such as fever and hypothermia can be prevented if the person is able to check their body temperature right away. You can use an electronic thermometer to monitor progress or even for daily use to make sure that your family members are free from any illness.
It’s also very important for medical staffs to have this item on hand before giving vaccinations, administering enemas, and doing other procedures related to the respiratory system.
What To Look For In a Thermometer?
- Large screen with a backlight – A large screen makes reading temperatures more visible, especially when your patient is sleeping or having problems seeing. The backlight will help you see the display regardless of lighting condition. It’s also advisable to get one that has an automatic shut off feature.
- FDA approved – This is very important because FDA (U.S Food and Drug Administration) only approves the safety of medical devices like this one. Make sure that you’re using an electronic device that’s made with high quality materials, it also has to be durable which means it won’t break easily.
- wi-fi enabled – Patient readings can be sent to your smartphone or tablet using wi-fi technology. You can do that by logging into the patient’s account, then you’ll get access to their results which you can review anytime and anywhere. This device has an app that can help monitor your patients’ health condition in real time.
- Quick measurement – It only takes a few seconds to get an accurate reading. The usual time it takes is only 30-60 seconds so you’ll know if the patient has a fever or not. This device also comes with antibacterial wipes so it’s safe for reuse after each use.
- High accuracy – It’s very important that this medical equipment provides accurate results especially when giving flu vaccinations. Look for a device that’s FDA approved so rest assured you’re giving the right treatment to your patient.
17. Manual Blood Pressure Cuff
- No stethoscope in the set: stethoscope is not...
- Keep track of your blood pressure: universal cuff...
- Get reliable results: equipped with a prestige...
- Take your blood pressure kit anywhere: neatly...
- Boasting a premium quality: zinc alloy body, a non...
You will need a blood pressure cuff when you perform manual readings for your patients. This device helps you get quick and accurate results, allowing you to make the best decision on how to proceed with treatment. You can use an arm cuff or a leg cuff for this medical equipment depending on where the patient’s blood pressure is measured.
Why Do You Need A Blood Pressure Cuff? Nurses need to check the blood pressure of their patients every time they visit them in their rooms. This equipment can help confirm if a person’s condition has worsened or improved over the course of treatment. It should be noted, however, that this should only be used by medical staff members who have been trained and tested before conducting blood pressure tests .
What To Look For In A Blood Pressure Cuff? The following factors must be considered when buying a blood pressure cuff:
- Accuracy – This device needs to provide accurate results each time you test your patient’s blood pressure . While it’s true that manual cuffs are more expensive than digital ones, they’re highly recommended because they offer great precision that other machines don’t have.
- Comfort – If the cuff is too tight, your patients might not be able to cooperate with you during the procedure. Look for an adjustable device that can fit both small and large arms without making them feel uncomfortable.
- Portability – Nurses need to bring these devices wherever they go, so look for a lightweight equipment that they won’t find difficult to carry around.
18. Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE - Consistently beat other...
- PLETHYMOSGRAPH AND PERFUSION INDEX - Tells you if...
- UPGRADED HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE – Improved with...
- SPORT ENTHUSIASTS - Suitable for mountain...
- READY TO USE OUT OF THE BOX - Include 2X AAA...
This measures the pulse rate and oxygen saturation in your blood using a sensor placed on your fingertip. It is important to monitor your health when you need 24/7 care. A nurse may place this small, handheld device on a patient’s finger or earlobe and hold for several seconds while it takes a reading. This monitor provides real-time information that needs immediate attention to prevent complications from hypertension, respiratory failure, acute heart attack, sepsis and other problems.
Why Is A Pulse Oximeter Essential?
This device will be very useful if you have a patient who has trouble breathing or is about to go under general anesthesia. The pulse oximeter measures the percentage of oxygen circulating in the blood so it can immediately provide feedback when there are any problems .
What To Look For In A Fingerprint Pulse Oximeter?
- It can measure different levels of oxygen saturation – Some items only display specific values such as 90-percent but it would be preferable if yours comes with a range from low to high measurements. Make sure that you check the accuracy level too because this is what affects how accurate your readings will be.
- It’s durable and long-lasting – If you need to order your device online, always check the product description section so you can purchase one which is easy to use and has high quality materials. Some items are only built for short-term use so make sure that yours would last for at least two years without malfunctioning or breaking easily.
- This phone is unlocked and compatible with any...
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to come...
- Backed by a one-year satisfaction guarantee, with...
- Includes a brand new, generic charging cable that...
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic...
Almost every nurse has a smartphone these days, so I can’t imagine being on shift without it. I have apps that help me to function more efficiently. Most of the time, I’m using my phone for clinical purposes . As long as you’re compliant with your facility’s policy, you should be able to use your phone at work.
Why Do You Need a Cell Phone?
You can use one for texting or calling family members whenever your shift ends so they won’t worry about where you are. It’s also important that you bring your device with you if ever a patient needs help contacting relatives because most of them don’t have phones anymore. There are even others who might not know how to read text messages so it would be best if the medical staff is to assist them in making calls.
What To Look For In A Smartphone?
Here are some factors to consider when buying one:
- It has a long-lasting battery – You should choose a phone that can last the whole day even if you use it for calling or texting. It’s also important that your device be able to support apps which will help you keep track of patient data or their charts during emergencies.
- The camera is clear – You need to take pictures of any wound or injury that the patient has for documentation purposes. The best thing about modern devices is they have high resolution cameras which can produce very clean images even when taken in poorly-lit areas.
- It’s water-resistant – Since you might be exposed to harsh environments, it would be best if your phone can withstand liquid damage. This means choosing one with an IP67 rating so you won’t have to worry about bringing it along during rain showers or when near the ocean.
- Stunning 13.3-inch Retina display with True Tone...
- Backlit Magic Keyboard and Touch ID
- Tenth-generation Intel Core i3 processor
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Fast SSD storage
- 8GB of memory
- Stereo speakers with wider stereo sound
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 11 hours of battery life
- Force Touch trackpad
Your laptop is the perfect nursing equipment for you to study for your board exams. You can find out loads of information on Google, watching videos or even reading online e-books. These are actually one of the best stuff to have while studying, especially if you’re busy juggling work and school.
Laptop helps ship’s nurse’s do their job better. You can send messages without needing any outside sources just by having a laptop with them at work.
There are many programs which you can install on your device to help you with patient care so it’s important that you have a laptop. If not, I suggest getting one because there are lots of free software online that can boost the functionality of your smartphone.
Why Having Laptop in Important?
The good thing about these devices is they give off very few radiation compared with other items. Nurses are now required to keep accurate records of patient data in their charts which can only be done if they have a laptop with them. They will also have access to the internet because almost every modern computer comes with an in-built web browser.
What To Look For In A Laptop?
- It has a powerful processor – You need to choose a device with a fast and reliable microprocessor so you can run any application you want. It’s also important that the computer supports multiple apps running simultaneously without producing errors when multitasking.
- The laptop must have enough storage space – The number of files that nurses generate in their careers is so overwhelming. They should choose a laptop which can support at least 500GB worth of storage space so they’ll never run out of room to keep their notes and records.
- The battery life is long – You can’t find yourself without any electricity because you forgot to bring your charger with you during shift change. Make sure that the computer’s battery has at least 5 hours of life so you can use it during work.
There are so many modern appliances and gadgets nowadays that can boost the quality of work of every medical professional. But, we think those 20 items listed above are must have and can make your job easier and more convenient no matter what branch you’re working in. We hope that we were able to help you by providing the best nursing equipment list out there. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family so they’ll know what items they must purchase for work.
Last update on 2021-10-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API