To become a CNA, the student should get enrolled in a nursing training program which is 6 to 12 weeks long. Once the course is over the student has to appear for the final Certified Nursing exam which has two parts: the written and the practical test.
The written test refers to the theoretical knowledge of the student while the practical exam tests the student’s hands-on proficiency. The student has to pass both the exams, so as to achieve his certification, this is where a CNA study guide will be helpful. A study guide gives you excellent scope to prepare well for the exam and clear it with the required score.
Different people have different ways of going about their studies.
For example, there are people who cram during the last few days before the exams, while there are others who plan their time and collect study tools beforehand. Also, there are others who think that they studied correctly, but actually studied the wrong information or did not pay enough attention. This is where they need a proper study guide.
If you’re looking for a way to get started with your CNA study, then this blog post is for you. We’ve compiled all the best resources on our website in one place so that you can find what you need quickly and easily. You’ll find links to free practice tests, classes, quizzes, and more!
Our Free CNA Study Guide
Here at Top Nurse Info, we have prepared a details study guide. This guide will help you to prepared for both the written and skill exam. Those are well researched and we make sure those study materials are up to date. Below are the links that will lead you to our study guide.
- Written Exam Study Guide: 20 Practice test included
- Clinical Skill Exam Study Guide: 20 Videos included
How this Guide will Help you
You would need a study guide which has modules that cover the important aspects of the responsibilities of a nursing aide like daily care, infection control, patient’s rights, emergency procedures, vital signs, weight and other measurements, medicine management, etc. Apart from these modules, the study guide should also have many practice questions and sample question papers. You should practice them again and again which will help you gain the confidence to clear the exam.
Our CNA exam study guide helps you to prepare for the evaluation and revise the important concepts which are regularly asked in the tests.
- There are numerous tricky questions which could be asked related to vital signs
- To take the blood pressure of a patient
- You may need to ascertain certain things like the correct size of the cuff
- The lying position of the patient
- The position of the cuff and pumping of the cuff to the right measurement depending upon the patient’s baseline blood pressure
- Temperature, respiration’s and pulse of the patient are other important questions that relate to vital signs which reappear in most of the exams.
This is where our study guide will help you
- The study models have modules that are important to understand and revise the concepts which can make you confident enough to tackle any kind of questions that may appear in the examination.
- Such free models cover extensive practice tests which are the best way to prepare for a CNA exam, so it is important to work out as many practice tests as possible.
- You can use many techniques that can help you understand, revise, and recollect all the concepts pertaining to the role and responsibilities of a nursing aide.
- You can make use of mnemonics which will help you to remember every intricacy related to vital signs or any other concept.
- Online practice tests will help you to get a feel of the actual test and prepare accordingly. The online tests also give you an opportunity to review your questions which you may have left unanswered or the questions which you are not confident about.
- Thus, you get to know which areas you are weak in and study accordingly. The online tests are timed so that you can get used to taking the final exam which is also timed.
- The test will give you the feel of the exam and help you know how much prepared you are for the test. The level of difficulty is also the same as the CNA exam and it is true that the standards are raised to a high level that makes the exam very difficult.
- As the CNA test is a concept based test, you will need to be thorough with all the small details in the concept in order to get the required score and clear the certification test successfully. Our CNA clinical skills study guide will also be of utmost use to you as it will prepare you for the skills test which is a part of the nursing aide exam.
Tips to Use Our Study Guide
The nursing assistant evaluation consists of a theoretical concept based written test and a skill-based skills test. This study guide will help you tackle the questions based on the skills you imbibed in the clinical sessions you attended in the healthcare facilities.
The skills are directly related to the role of a certified nursing aide and you may very well be prepared to be asked questions that are complex and you may be required to really think and answer the question.
As the certified nursing assistant exam is content-based, you may have to memorize a lot of concepts that may be difficult to remember.
- You can make use of mnemonics which are of many types.
- You can use a visual mnemonic that can help you memorize concepts with the help of images.
- You can visualize the concept you are studying, for example, if you are studying vital signs, then the ideal temperature that has to be set can be visualized or drawn in a chart with the help of cartoon figures. These visual images will ultimately help you remember the figures.
- Acronyms are an interesting and important way to remember difficult terms and you can take the first letters of each term, make an acronym, and remember it as such. The acronym may become a funny one with a funny sound, but this will surely pop up at the right time in your test.
- There may be many medical terminologies that are necessary to remember in case of clinical sessions and concepts related to physiology, so visual images, and acronyms will ensure that you do not forget them and increase the chance of clearing the exam successfully.
A CNA exam study guide will help you understand the basic concepts, practice the frequently asked questions, remember the important terminologies, and ace the test with flying colors.
In addition to our study guide, you can develop or find a study guide depend on your personal needs, Below we will talk about that.
How to Develop your Own CNA Study Guide
First, a student needs to implement a serious plan of studying and has to adhere to strictly. A student should organize the course materials according to the number of days, granting every theoretical and practical aspect a day or two of study.
It is vital that the student possess thorough information for a better understanding and for creating helpful connections.
Before the exam, the student should review all the reading materials and check his preparations. The reading materials include textbooks, class notes, practice tests, or flashcards. The student should establish a learning system and stick to it for better results.
Apart from books, notes, flashcards and other printed material the student may also make good use of the internet which is also known as a plethora of information and study material.
The students can search for:
- Different tips
- Nursing websites
- Online books
- Or sample questions
Which will help them prepare better for their exams. This helps in getting the pressure off and finding other new resources to prepare for the test. Students can also go for group study.
A group of 4-5 students can study together. In the process, they help each other out with doubts and problems related to studies which are otherwise difficult to understand if studying by yourself or it takes more than the time it should take. The group of students may also exchange notebook, study material and other resources that are helpful for exam preparation.
It’s essential that students take ample rest as well. The mind and body both need to relax and be fresh. You should also eat well and eat at the right time. Neglecting on nutrient intake would make the body weak and hamper your exam preparations.
- Try having healthy breakfasts
- Healthy supplements are really important.
It is important to be relaxed and calm during the exam.
Don’t be nervous and don’t panic if you can’t recollect answers to a particular question. Try answering other questions that you are sure about and then come back to the one that you are apprehensive about. Keep a cool head and try to recollect. A relaxed mind helps; after all you have spent nights preparing for the exam.
You can also refer to the CNA study guide, which offers five secret keys to crack the Exam: Test yourself; Prepare, Do not procrastinate; Practice smarter, not harder.
Where to Find Additional Study Materials and Tutoring Help
It is a universal standard of finishing any training program with an exam. The exam decides how well you have attended the course. If you are approaching a CNA exam, you should be serious about your preparation. Even though you have participated in every classroom and clinical setting, you should still be mentally alert when taking the exam.
Luckily, there are many CNA study guides available in the market. There is no need to worry about finding the best guide since obtaining them is as easy as carrying a pen and paper to an exam.
Ask Your Instructor
CNA study guide will surely help you in preparing for the certification exam. If you desperately need it, you should begin your search by having a conversation with your training instructors.
Their experience will help you in grabbing the best CNA study guide. They are more knowledgeable in this regard since they have already collected opinions from students about study guides. If they suggest you to buy any one particular study guide, just ask them what good things it contains and how it could be useful. A word of advice from your instructors will make a lot of difference in passing the exam.
Ask Senior Student
Next, speak with your training coordinator and request a few contact numbers of students who have passed the exam before you. Some of them might even be working as a nursing assistant.
Make an appointment, meet them personally, and seek their opinions in preparing for the exam. They will guide both on technical and practical aspects of the exam. If possible, request them to lend the notes they have collected during their time.
Few students have the habits of making notes of everything that can be useful in the future. Just ensure to return the material back to them when you have done with it.
The internet is the best place to find a CNA study guide for your needs. You will also have to go through the reviews on study guides written by ex-students. Those reviews will be helpful in selecting the best and useful one. You will not only save your money and time, but your confidence will also increase.
Another advantage of online searching is the price factor. Since the nursing assistant’s profession is the hottest selling even under a slow economy, many organizations are trying to encash on it. You will find a study guide published by different companies.
Buy Affordable Books
Someone who has served the nursing industry may have written those study guides. Depending on the sales policy of the companies, you will surely find changes in the price quote of the product you have chosen. Go for that price that is affordable to you.
There are many study models that are available in book shops that will help you to prepare for the exam, but it is you who have to choose the right one which will ensure you are best prepared for the exam.
Take Skill Tests Video Course
As the nursing aide exam consists of a skills test and a written test, it is important that you are prepared both simultaneously. The online practice tests are mostly for the written exam and it is important for you to prepare for the skills test as well.
You can opt for a CNA clinical skills study guide which would help you prepare for the skills test.
The skills test basically is about the skills which you have acquired during the practical clinical sessions and the best way to prepare for his would-be learning from the training videos, these videos will demonstrate the most important skills a nursing assistant ought to have.
These videos also give enough details of each concept like
- Vital signs
- Daily care
- Medicine management
- Physiology etc.
There also audio CDs available which could be of real help to you to remember the difficult terminologies or concepts. You can listen to the concepts wherever you go and this will be a relaxing and differing technique to study rather than constantly reading from the books. The methodology of preparation through these models has undergone a sea change as there are also mobile applications that will help you to prepare well for the exam.
See how simple it is to find a CNA guide for your needs. However, there are a few points you should stress before use it. Read below to know the consideration.
Is Free Study Guide Worth it?
A free study guide is one that can be got for free over the internet and a print can also be taken of the sample question papers available to increase your frequency of practice sessions.
You have to be careful about the quality of the free CNA study guide as there available for free over the internet and not each one will be of help to you. Whichever CNA study guide you choose, it is necessary to consider the quality before using it. It is better to use only those websites which will provide authentic information rather than blindly going for the first study guide you come across.
The CNA is a great profession with many benefits. It’s also one that requires specialized training and education, which can be difficult to find. That’s why we are here for you! Our website has all the resources you need to get started on your journey towards becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). From free practice tests and quizzes to class schedules and information about certification as well as our blog posts filled with articles just like this one – it’s all available at your fingertips 24/7 from any device. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like more personalized assistance in finding what you’re looking for.