In this post, We are going to explain an important CNA clinical skill which is measuring and recording blood pressure.
- Find the brachial pulse before you place the cuff on the arm and once again before you place the stethoscope on the arm.
- While inflating the cuff carefully listen to the heartbeat.
- The cuff inflation should be a maximum of 180 mm Hg.
- Control the deflation of the cuff and accurately record the blood pressure.
- Make sure that you clean the equipment before storing it in the box.
For a better explanation watch this video.