Measuring and recording weight is another important skill of a nursing assistant. In this post, we are going to show you the right procedure for this skill test.
- You must ensure that the weighing equipment is in proper working condition before starting the procedure.
- Set both the scales on zero before you tell the client to stand on the weighing scale.
- Assist the patient to stand on the scale if necessary and make sure that the client’s feet are flat on the scale standing on it.
- Record the weight and note the difference from the last count.
- Ensure that the patient does not walk backward but forward to the bed.