Providing mouth care is an essential CNA clinical skill test. In this post, We will demonstrate how to provide mouth care to a resident.
- While providing mouth care use of gloves is necessary.
- If the resident is unable to walk up to the basin provide them emesis basin;
- Raise the head of the bed and brush the teeth properly along the gums and chewing surface of the teeth.
- The client can rinse his mouth and spit in the emesis basin;
- Dry the mouth with a clean towel.
- Dispose of the contents of the basin in the wash area and clean, sanitize and dry the basin and store it properly wrapped in a paper towel.
Watch this video for more explanation.