Today, we are going to demonstrate another important CNA skill test which is Positioning the patient on the side. A nurse aide must change the position of bedridden residents at regular time intervals; or whenever a client requests.
- Ensure that the head of the bed is lowered and the bed is in a flat position.
- Check the resident’s arms and pillows.
- A half-folded pillow must be placed at the back of the patient.
- One between the knee and ankle and one under the arm.
- Make sure that the shoulder, hips and ankles are not in a straight line and bend the legs slightly while turning the patient to the other side.
- Never raise the head of the bed when the resident is lying on one side of his body.
For a better explanation, You can watch this video.