In this post, We are going to explain how to assist a patient with the use of a Bedpan. This is an essential skill and CNA must know how to properly place the bedpan.
- Place the bedpan flat on the bed and not on the bedside table.
- Position the bedpan crack to crack and give the resident a call bell before going behind the scene.
- After the patient is done assist him or her in washing the hand.
- Dump the waste in the toilet area and clean and sanitize the bedpan.
- Store it by wrapping it in a paper towel.
- The use of gloves while performing this duty is a must.