These days, jobs are highly dependent on the volatile nature of the market. One cannot say or admit that he/she is has a secured job. It takes efforts and time to earn a job, whereas, it takes none to lose it.
Therefore, in order to stick with the job that can provide you a stable and financial security, you must think about attending California CNA classes.
Earning the designation of a certified nursing assistant would help you to assist the patients and the team providing medical treatment to patients.
The medical industry is the one that is growing at a rapid pace and is safe with the changes brought in by the economic conditions. People, whether rich or poor have to take treatments to get rid of their ailments.
Without proper medical care, they will not be able to survive. They have to look after regularly and given personal care. The certified nursing assistants are well trained to provide all the assistance, support and motivation to patients.
People aspiring for the certification from the state of California have a bright future considering the high demand of nursing assistants.
How to Become a CNA in California?
The demand of certified nursing assistants will rise to 21% by 2025. The annual package one can earn by becoming a CNA in California can be around $19,000 to $37,000.
However, to work in the medical care industry, you must complete a California CNA course and pass the certification examination.
- Start your CNA journey by visiting the website of California Department of Education. The website features varieties of nursing training program. It also lists the names of the schools, colleges and institutes certified by them. Be focused and pick the course you want to do from the several options. You can also try the list of schools at nursing-school-degrees.com.
- Include three to five schools in your list. Check yourself the training facilities provided by each of them. Learn about the course fee, duration, placement services, and other requirements. You will surely find variations in these regards. Speak with the admission counselors and request them to usher you in the facility tour. Making decision in enrolling yourself in the right school will be easier this way.
- Find out whether the school is offering any scholarship program in case you want to join in spite of the high fees, and the reputation they enjoy. If there is none, apply for a loan or search for a sponsor.
- Attend all the training sessions sincerely just for the sake of your future. Keep copies of all the documents you have to submit for the admission. The California state also expects a medical test of the students to ensure for the safety of people in and around you. Provide information on your citizenship, social security number, and academic qualifications. Give them proof of your background by submitting two copies of your fingerprints.
- Pay attentions during the training sessions and prepare hard for the exam. Complete the written and practical exams with lots of confidence. The schools will help you in appearing for the exam. Passing the written and practical exams will allow you to receive the certification and work legally as a certified nursing assistant.
CNA Training Program in California
The California Department of Public Health Services dictates the terms and conditions of the training programs. The duration of the California CNA training program is 150-hour. The total training hours are divided into 100 hours of practical and 50 hours of classroom training.
The training program is meant to provide you knowledge on various subjects that are encountered regularly in the healthcare industry. You will learn all the things that are expected from a nursing assistant. This training material includes how to take care of ailing people and help them do things they are incapable of.
In addition, the training will teach you when to call the supervisors, nurses or doctors if the patient is delivering unusual signs and symptoms, how to take blood and urine sample and vitals, what are the patients’ rights, how to educate patients and motivate them for recovery.
The job nursing assistants do is stressful and exerting. At times, you may also have to deal with patients with erratic behavior. You have to handle such responsibilities with great patience. The training will help you in winning confidence of those patients.
Free or Low Cost Nursing Assistant Classes California
List of the institutions, which might provide CNA Classes for free in California:
- Applewood Inn
Address: – 201, Hartnell Avenue, Redding, California- 96002
Contact Number: (530) 222-2273
- Ararat Convalescent Hospital
Address: – 2373 Colorado Blvd., Los Angeles, California- 90041
Contact Number: (323) 256-8012
- Arbor Convalescent Hospital
Address: – 900, North Church Street, Lodi, California- 95240
Contact Number: (209) 333-1222
Fax: (209) 333-1816
- Arcadia Health Care Center
Address: – 1601, S Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, California- 91006
Contact Number: (626) 445-2170
Official Website: arcadiahealthcarecenter.com
- Ararat Nursing Facility
Contact Number: (818) 837-1800
Address: – 15099, Mission Hills Road, Mission Hills, California- 91345
- Briercrest Inglewood Health Care
Address: –301 Centinela Ave Inglewood, California 90302
Contact Number: 310-672-1012
- Brighton Convalescent Center
Address: –1836 N. Fair Oaks Pasadena, California 91103
Contact Number: (626) 798-9124
Fax: (626) 794-3183
- Brierwood Terrace Convalescent Hospital
Contact Number: (323)655-8390, (310) 652-3030
Address: –1480, S. La Cienega Bl., Los Angeles, California- 90035
- Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare
Address: –1311, East Date Street, San Bernardino, California- 92404
Contact Number: (909) 882-3316
- Country Villa Los Feliz
Address: –3002, Rowena Avenue, Los Angeles, California- 90039
Contact Number: (323) 666-1544, (310) 574-3733
Fax: (323) 666-9584
- Country Villa Maple Healthcare
Contact Number: (213) 747-6371
Address: – 2625, S. Maple Avenue, Los Angeles, California- 90011
- Eden West Convalescent Hospital
Address: – 1805, West St. Hayward, California- 94545
Contact Number: (510) 783-4811
Fax: (510) 783-4062
- Edgemoor Geriatric Hospital
Address: – 9065, Edgemoor Drive, Santee, California- 92071
Contact Number: (619) 258-3001
- Edgewater Convalescent Hospital
Address: – 2625, East Fourth Street, Long Beach, California- 90814
Contact Number: (562) 434-0974
Fax: (562) 433-1471
- Friendship Manor Lakeside
Address: – 11962, Woodside Avenue, Lakeside, California- 92040
Contact Number: (619) 561-1222
- Friends House
Address: –684 Benicia Drive Santa Rosa, California 95409
Contact Number: (707) 538-0152
Fax: (707) 576-6616
Official Website: friendshouse.org
- Friendship Manor Nc
Address: –902 South Euclid Avenue National City, California 92050
Contact Number: 619-791-7700
- John C. Fremont Healthcare Dis.
Address: –5189, Hospital Road, Mariposa, California- 95338
Contact Number: (209) 966-3631
Email ID: email@example.com
- Julia Healthcare Center
Address: –276, Sierra Vista Avenue, Mountain View, California- 94043
Contact Number: (650) 967-5714
Fax: (650) 967-0877
- Jerold Phelps Comm. Hospital Snf.
Address: –733, Cedar Street, Garberville, California- 95542
Contact Number: (707) 923-3921
- Jewish Home D/P Snf.
Contact Number: (415) 334-2500
Official Website: jhsf.org
Address: –302, Silver Avenue, San Francisco, California- 94112
- Kaiser Permanent Post Acute
Contact Number: (510) 481-8575
Address: –1440, 168th Avenue, San Leandro, California- 94578
Official Website: kaiserpermanente.org
- Manor Care Health Services
Address: – 24962, Calle Aragon, Laguna Hills, California- 92653
Contact Number: (949) 586-3393, 949-587-9000
Fax: (949) 583-9137
- Manorcare Health Serv Rossmoor
Address: –1975 Tice Valley Blvd. Walnut Creek, California 94595
Contact Number: (925) 906-0200
Fax: (925) 906-0201
Official Website: hcr-manorcare.com
- ManorCare Health Services
Address: –7807 Uplands Way Citrus Heights, California 95610
Contact Number: (916) 967-2929
Fax: (916) 965-8439
Official Website: hcr-manorcare.com
- Oakridge Care Center
Address: – 2919, Fruitvale Avenue, Oakland, California- 94602
Contact Number: (510) 261-8564
Fax: (510) 261-0408
- Oceanview Convalescent Hospital
Address: – 1340, 15th Street, Santa Monica, California- 90404
Contact Number: (310) 451-9706, (310) 451-9700
- Oakview Convalescen Hospital
Address: – 9166, Tujunga Canyon Boulevard, Tujunga, California- 91042
Contact Number: (818) 352-4426
Fax: (818) 951-5797
Official Website: oakviewch.com
- Sherwood Healthcare Center
Address: – 4700, Elvas Avenue, Sacramento, California- 95819
Contact Number: (916)454-4700
Official Website: sherwoodhealthcarecenter.com
- Sherman Village Care Center
Address: – 12750, Riverside Drive, North Hollywood, California- 91607
Contact Number: (818) 766-6105
Fax: (818) 766-9534
- Sherman Oaks Hospital – H C D/P Snf
Contact Number: (818) 907-4531, (818) 981-7111
Address: – 4929, Van Nuys Boulevard, Sherman Oaks, California- 91403
Official Website: shermanoakshospital.com
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Certification Requirements in California
Medical professionals have to pass certain eligibility requirements in order to apply their skills on patients. To achieve the certifications, the California state requires you to be minimum 18 years old. A high school diploma at the time of admission is necessary.
In addition, the school or institute will require a social security number as an identification. Further, you will need to show your ability to speak and write English.
Clearing the entrance test for the training program is also required. Moreover, you need to show that you are physically fit, and are not affected with TB or any other infectious disease that may risk the people you will work around.
Therefore, if you are planning to receive the CNA classes in California, you will have to put in few hours extra than other states, 150 hours approximately.
However, the annual salary you can earn in California will compensate the numbers of hours you have put in for the certification.