Nurses work long hour shifts, dealing with many highly stressful situations throughout the day and as such they need to be comfortable to be able to perform optimally. Typical Nurses attire consists of a lab coat, a pair of scrubs (top and bottom) and a pair of comfortable shoes.
Being comfortable is essential in to the profession. Sore, achy tired feet do not make forcheerful nursing which in turn affects the quality of service being rendered to patients.
The scrubs and lab coat need to be loose fitting made from cotton and “breathe” to allow for cooling and sweat absorption. The shoes need to be extremely comfortable.
Comfortable shoes are an absolute necessity because nurses stand for incredibly long hours and are carrying the full weight of the individual.
Comfortable shoes need to be of the following characteristics –
- Have enough space at the front of the shoe for the toes (called the toe box)
- Have an insole – the inside padding of the shoe
- Have an outsole – the part of the shoe that makes contact with the ground
- Have a soft sole which absorbs shock, very important detail
- Have a low heel which does not put any pressure on the front of the foot
- Must be soft breathable material with laces or Velcro to fasten the shoe
- Very important that the sole (underside) of the shoe be slip proof.
Table of Contents
- 1 Choosing the Most Comfortable Nursing Shoes for You
- 2 How to Select the Right Shoes For Nurses
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Top Rated Comfortable Nursing Shoes
Choosing the Most Comfortable Nursing Shoes for You
How to Select the Right Shoes For Nurses
Top Rated Comfortable Nursing Shoes
|1||STQ Women's Slip On Walking Shoes Breathable...||$33.98||Buy on Amazon|
|2||DierCosy Nursing Shoes for Women Black Slip on...||$28.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Feetmat Womens All Black Sneakers Ultra...||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Skechers for Work Women's Ghenter Bronaugh Work...||$46.96||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Crocs Women's Neria Pro II Graphic Clog | Slip...||$32.95||Buy on Amazon|
I’m wondering what other people think about their nursing shoes. Tell me about your experience in the comments below.
Also, We have compiled a comprehensive Guide to Best Shoes for Nurses for you, don’t forget to check it out.
Last update on 2019-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.