Vermont Nurse Aide Registry

Who maintains the CNA registry in Vermont?

Vermont State Board of Nursing
89 Main Street, 3rd floor
Montpelier, VT 05620-3402
Phone: 802.828.1503

Who investigates complaints in your state?

Adult Protective Services
Department of Disabilities, Aging and
Independent Living
Division of Licensing and Protection
HC 2 South, 280 State Drive
Waterbury, VT 05671-2060
Phone: 800.564.1612

Other Related Complaints:
Vermont State Board of Nursing
Phone: 802.828.2396

The Vermont Board of Nursing is responsible for maintaining the nurse aide registry in Vermont. The registry contains information on all nurse aides who have been certified in the state. The board is also responsible for investigating complaints against nurse aides, and taking disciplinary action against those who violate the terms of their certification.

LNA License Requirements in Vermont

CNAs in Vermont are called Licensed Nursing Assistants, or LNAs. They play an important role in the health care field, providing basic nursing care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.

LNAs in Vermont are required to complete an approved training and pass the certification exam in order to be eligible for employment. The training must consist of at least 75 hours of instruction, and includes topics such as basic nursing skills, communication, personal care, and safety. The certification exam can be taken at any of the regional sites and covers the same material as the training program.

How to Verify LNA License in Vermont?

Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs) in Vermont can verify their license online. To do so, they need to create an account on the Vermont Board of Nursing’s website. They will then be able to view their license information, including the expiration date and any disciplinary actions taken against it.

Verification Portal

How to Renew LNA License In Vermont?

LNA licenses in Vermont must be renewed every two years. In order to renew your license, you must have completed at least 400 hours of paid services as a LNA within the past two years. If you have not completed the required number of hours, you will have to retake the state competency exam.

Renewal FAQ

Transferring a Out of State CNA License to Vermont

If you are a certified nurse assistant (CNA) in another state and would like to work in Vermont, you can do so by endorsement. To be eligible for endorsement, you must have a current CNA certification and be in good standing with the licensing board in your home state. You will also need to complete an application packet and submit it to the Vermont Board of Nursing. The application packet may include CNA certification, verification of employment, letters of recommendation, and any other supporting documentation.

The Board of Nursing will review your application and may request an interview before making a decision. If your application is approved, you will be issued a Vermont LNA license and can begin working in the state.

Endorsement Instruction