A thorough nurse orientation program can insure that incoming nurses to the organization learn how to practice evidence based nursing and will teach them why these standards result in quality patient outcomes.
To ensure the continuity of education and complete tracking during the on-boarding process, an online talent management program like Halogen is preferable to a paper trail.
Halogen Software is a tool that can be used by the key team members involved in new employee orientation to implement a quality program and track employee’s process as it occurs.
It fosters continuous improvement throughout the employee’s career within the organization. For example, human resource professionals and nursing managers using Halogen talent management software can:
- Monitor signatures on current job descriptions
- Analyze employee performance and peer’s evaluations
- Track certification and learning documents to be inspection ready
Nursing educators can also benefit from Halogen’s performance and talent management software as it enables them to:
- Assign e-learning to employees and monitor their progression
- Map learning activities to competences and performance standards
- Monitor which learning activities have a impact on employee performance
Hospital orientation is a stressful process for even the most seasoned nurses. Learning their way around the facility, parking, meeting new people, and learning the culture of the workplace can be daunting.
This software is designed to streamline and simplify the on-boarding process so that nurses can focus on learning the correct evidence practice standards to support quality patient outcomes. Employees will be able to:
- Keep up with certification requirements and tasks via auto-email reminders
- They can upload and access primary source verification documents.
- Use their training reports to monitor career progress.
In today’s healthcare culture, quality patient outcomes and satisfaction are more important than ever in terms of a hospital’s continued operation.
Halogen supports a healthcare culture that focuses on improving patient safety and satisfaction to help organizations achieve quality patient outcomes.
This software is a tool to use during the hiring process and throughout an employee’s job history with the organization, so that they can focus on providing quality care while improving patient’s lives.